Photo Organisation with Lightroom (Online Class)
PHOTO ORGANISATION WITH LIGHTROOM
This online class is perfect for anybody who feels overwhelmed by all the photos and other media files that they have. Together, you will learn how to consolidate, re-name, organise, manage, and keyword every one of your photos files - from the past, present and the future. You will learn a system that will accommodate your ever-expanding catalogue of photos. "No file left behind" will become your mantra. You will finish this online class feeling confident in your own ability to keep your photo library well-organised going forward. You will also experience first hand the potential your new keywords have to transform the way you approach your memory keeping projects.
If you prefer to work at your own pace, you may want to consider our Unravel Your Photos workshop-in-a-box package, which gives you six months unlimited access to all the content from this online class.
Syllabus & Schedule
- The benefits of photo organisation
- The link between photo organisation and memory keeping
- The six principles of photo organisation
- Overview of Lightroom
- The Lightroom catalog
- The big picture, and our overall goal
- Image edits and preview files
- How to rename your photo files, and how to set up Lightroom to do this automatically
- How to store your photo files, and how to set up Lightroom to do this automatically
- Viewing and searching files
- Rejecting and deleting files
- Editing file data
- Working with movie files
- Working with Virtual Copies
- Working with raw and JPEG files
- How to start building your own keyword list
- How to create a keyword list
- How to create keyword sets
- How to apply keywords
- How to apply ratings
- How to tackle your backlog of photos
- How to set up a dependable system for archiving your older photos when your computer runs out of space
- How to manage your Lightroom catalog
- How to set up a dependable system for archiving your photos
- How to set up collections and collection sets for viewing your photos
- How to make use of keywords to create smart collections for your memory keeping projects and for other business or creative projects
- How to use the Collections panel to establish best practice workflows for creating story books and photo books
The online class is taught by Ronnie and runs for six weeks. The investment for this online class is $225.00 AUD, and includes a printable workbook. The six-week class will include videos, practical exercises, weekly homework, individual feedback, direct email contact with the teacher, and access to a student forum. We are strictly limiting the number of students we accept for each class so that we can attend to everyone personally.
The next session commences on Monday 5 June 2017. Registration for this class closes on 30 May 2017 or when the class is full.
No prior knowledge of Adobe Lightroom is required. However, you will need Adobe Lightroom installed on your laptop. You can download a trial copy of the software here, or you can read our Software page for more information about subscribing to the Adobe Creative Cloud.