The Creative Cloud is Adobe’s subscription-based product offering. Essentially, Adobe has made its Creative Suite of design and photography software, including Photoshop and InDesign, much more accessible to the general public (the entire suite used to cost more than $2,500 to purchase).
There are a number of plans you can choose from. We recommend that you read through all the plans carefully in order to choose the right one for you. Please note that some plans allow you to cancel at any time, while other plans require annual membership.
- Photography membership plan: gives you access to the latest versions of Lightroom and Photoshop
- Single App membership plan: gives you access to the latest version of your choice of a single app
- Complete membership plan: gives you access to the latest versions of every single app including Lightroom, InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Student/teacher membership plan: gives you access to the full versions of every single app at a discounted price (requires institutional affiliation)
You can also opt to purchase and download Lightroom 6 as a standalone product here.
For template users
To use our design templates, you will require Adobe InDesign. If you already own a CS version of the software, you should be able to use our templates as long as it is CS4 or above. If you don’t already own Adobe InDesign, you can download a 7-day free trial of Adobe InDesign CC. After 7 days, you will need to sign up to one of the Creative Cloud membership plans above. If you only need InDesign, then you can sign up for the Single App membership, which is AUD$28.59/month. If you are also interested in using Lightroom and/or Photoshop, then you will need a Complete membership plan. If someone in your household is a teacher or student (who is at least thirteen years of age), you can save up to 60 percent on the Complete membership plan by signing up for Student/Teacher membership. Please read this for more information on eligibility and requirements.
The software that we teach in our workshops and online masterclasses are:
- Adobe InDesign (for graphic design)
- Adobe Lightroom (for photo organisation and image editing)
For all our workshops and online masterclasses, we require that you have a working copy of the relevant software on your laptop or computer. If you already own a version of Adobe InDesign and/or Adobe Lightroom, you should be able to use your software in our classes and workshops as long as it is not older than CS4 (though please be aware that some of the functionality we teach may not be available in the older versions of the software). If you have any questions regarding this, simply email Ronnie or Trish depending on the class or workshop that you’re interested in.
If you have any further questions, please send us an email.