Photo Organisation with Lightroom
This online masterclass is perfect for anybody who feels overwhelmed by all the photos and other media files that they have. Together, you will learn how to consolidate, rename, organise, manage, and keyword every one of your photos files from the past, the present and the future. You will learn a system that will accommodate your ever-expanding catalogue of photos. “No file left behind” will become your mantra. You will finish this online class feeling confident in your own ability to keep your photo library well organised going forward. You will also experience first hand the potential your new keywords have to transform the way you approach your memory-keeping projects.
- Introduction to photo organisation
- Benefits of photo organisation
- Categories of photos
- Principles of photo organisation
- Current photos versus backlog
- Introducing Lightroom
- The Lightroom catalog
- The big picture
- Image edits and preview files
- Importing photo files
- Viewing and searching files
- Rejecting and deleting files
- Editing file data
- Working with movie files
- Working with virtual copies
- Working with RAW files
- Building your keyword list
- Creating a keyword list in Lightroom
- Creating keyword sets in Lightroom
- Applying keywords in Lightroom
- Rating photo files
- Recap of the weekly workflow
- Tackling your backlog
- Archiving your photo files
- Managing your Lightroom catalog
- Introducing the Collections panel
- Workflow for photo books or story books
- Other uses for the Collections panel
- Exporting photos
This self-paced masterclass is taught by Ronnie. The course content includes videos, revision questions, practical exercises, homework assignments, individual feedback, and a dedicated private forum where students can get to know each other and ask Ronnie any questions to do with the course content.
The investment for this online masterclass is $335.00 AUD, which includes a study pack containing the complete set of course booklets—all printed on recycled paper stock. This will be mailed to you prior to the commencement of the masterclass. Please note that we are strictly limiting the number of students we accept for each masterclass so that we can attend to everyone personally.
The next session commences on 1 May 2018 and finishes on 31 August 2018. Registration is now open and closes on 23 April or when the masterclass is full.
No prior knowledge of Adobe Lightroom is required. However, you will need Adobe Lightroom 5, Adobe Lightroom 6, or Adobe Lightroom Classic CC installed on your laptop or computer. You can download a trial copy of the software here, or you can read our Software page for more information about subscribing to the Adobe Creative Cloud.