InDesign for Beginners (Online Class)
ADOBE INDESIGN FOR BEGINNERS
This online class is tailored towards those with no prior experience with the graphic design software. In addition to learning the principles of minimalist design and how you can apply it to your personal memory keeping, you will also learn the fundamentals of using Adobe InDesign for designing photo book pages and life album layouts.
Why InDesign, not Photoshop?
Whilst Photoshop was designed primarily for image editing, Adobe InDesign was built specifically for graphic layout and desktop publishing. In other words, InDesign allows you to easily create long multi-page documents like story books and it is without question the best software for formatting large bodies of text. Once you are accustomed to using the software, creating a 200 page story book and other similar memory keeping projects will become a breeze. You can read this blog post for further information about the benefits of using InDesign instead of Photoshop.
Syllabus & Schedule
- The principles of minimalist graphic design
- An overview of Adobe InDesign
- How to navigate around InDesign
- How to work with pages and spreads
- Tips for designing photo books
- How to work with boxes
- How to work with swatches
- How to work with lines
- How to work with images
- Tips for designing story books
- How to work with text
- How to work with margins and guides
- How to work with columns and text boxes
- How to manipulate multiple objects
- How to create page layouts from scratch
- Tips for creating life album layouts
- How to work with life album templates
- Tips for developing a weekly workflow
- How to export JPGs
- How to build a story book from beginning to end using a template
- How to export PDFs
- Tips for organising your project files
The online class is taught by Ronnie and runs for six weeks. The investment for this online class is $225.00 AUD, and includes a printable workbook. The six-week class will include videos, practical exercises, weekly homework, individual feedback, direct email contact with the teacher, and access to a student forum. We are strictly limiting the number of students we accept for each class so that we can attend to everyone personally.
The next session commences on Monday 5 June 2017. Registration for this class closes on 30 May 2017 or when the class is full.
No prior knowledge of Adobe InDesign is required. However, you will need Adobe InDesign installed on your laptop. You can download a trial copy of the software here, or you can read our Software page for more information about subscribing to the Adobe Creative Cloud.
Registration is now closed.