InDesign for Beginners (Masterclass)
ADOBE INDESIGN FOR BEGINNERS
This masterclass is tailored towards those with no prior experience with the graphic design software. In addition to learning the principles of minimalist design and how you can apply it to your personal memory keeping, you will also learn the fundamentals of using Adobe InDesign for designing photo book pages and life album layouts. In order to keep this masterclass intimate in nature, the class size is limited to four people.
Why InDesign, not Photoshop?
Whilst Photoshop was designed primarily for image editing, Adobe InDesign was built specifically for graphic layout and desktop publishing. In other words, InDesign allows you to easily create long multi-page documents like story books and it is without question the best software for formatting large bodies of text. Once you are accustomed to using the software, creating a 200 page story book and other similar memory keeping projects will become a breeze. You can read this blog post for further information about the benefits of using InDesign instead of Photoshop.
- The principles of minimalist graphic design
- Tips for designing photo books
- Tips for designing story books
- Tips for creating life album layouts
- An overview of Adobe InDesign
- How to navigate around InDesign
- How to work with pages
- How to work with boxes
- How to work with images
- How to work with lines
- How to work with text
- How to work with swatches
- How to work with margins and guides
- How to manipulate multiple objects
- How to work with columns and text boxes
- How to export PDFs and JPGs
- Tips for creating an efficient memory keeping workflow
- Tips for organising your project files
The masterclass is taught by Ronnie and runs from 10.00am till 3.00pm. The investment for this masterclass is $325.00 AUD. Morning tea and lunch will be provided, along with printed materials, take-home exercises, and a selection of design templates. There will also be valuable one-on-one time and plenty of opportunity for Q&A.
No prior knowledge of Adobe InDesign is required. However, you will need Adobe InDesign installed on your laptop. You can download a trial copy of the software here, or you can read our Software page for more information about subscribing to the Adobe Creative Cloud.