| Written by Ronnie |
Wow, it has been so awesome going through all your memory keeping goals for this year. I literally read every single one, and I've truly been greatly encouraged and inspired by you all. Getting photos organised this year seems to be a big goal for most people, and I love that many of you are aiming to be more intentional with your writing and journaling. I also couldn't agree more with Sheryl and Erin - documenting the first year of marriage will be such a precious thing to do, and I wish that I had thought to record the story of our every day life back when it was just Rick and myself. Like I always say at our workshops - it is never too early (or too late) to start memory keeping!
Having read all of your goals, I thought I should share mine as well. I should warn you - it's a pretty huge list. Some of the projects are ones that I do every year. Some were actually earmarked for 2014 but they got 'pushed back' because I knew I needed all the spare time I could muster to set up and launch our LIFE;CAPTURED Inc website last year. However, now that that's done, I'm determined to prioritise my personal projects in 2015 and cross a heap of the following goals off my list!
- Continue to organise and tag all our photos on a weekly basis
- Create our yearly family photo books for 2011-2014
- Create mini story books for the boys featuring fave quotes and snapshots for 2013 and 2014
- Create personal story books for myself featuring my personal journaling and the images that I feel go with my writing
- Continue with my weekly documentation of our family life in our family life album
- Continue to document our family rituals with seasonal story books
- Catch up on each of the boys' life albums (I'm eight months behind!)
- Finish off Bear's first year journal, baby book, and brag book
- Update Cameron's anniversary album
- Update our 'Rick and Ronnie' scrapbook
- Record a 'day in the life' narrative once a month
- Document our winter family holiday and create a story book like this one
- Document December and create a story book like this one
- Take more videos of the boys (I'll try for at least one a week, but we'll see)
Just looking at that list does make me seem a little crazy, but I assure you, I have a plan all worked out. Now we just have to see how well I stick to it.
And in complete total contrast to my extravagance, this comment from Jen really stood out for me: "My goal for 2015 is to print 5 photos per month... just because. No special album or special projects. Just because they touch my heart or make me smile."
I love that.
So simple. So heartfelt. So liberating.
* * *
On that note, we are delighted to announce that the lucky winner of our New Year's giveaway is Nikki Hokin. Congratulations Nikki! We will be in touch very soon!
As a special thank you to everyone who entered, Trish and I would like to offer you a 10% discount if you decide to sign up to any of our online classes for Session 2. Simply email us, telling us the name you used to enter the giveaway, and we will reply with the discount code. Class registration closes on Saturday 31 January 2015 at 11:00pm EST.